Friday, April 22, 2011

Microsoft Photosynth

Wow! I chanced upon this software while idling away on the iPhone app store. It was given pretty high ratings and most 'reviews' says to download it. I did that and I just tested it out a few minutes ago.

I AM AMAZED! I just did some random shooting in my living room to try out what it can do and let me tell you this: if you have an iOS device (iPhone / iPad2), you MUST have this software! It will only make your life so much more interesting! I can imagine myself doing panorama's everywhere I go! Just tap once on the screen and move your 'camera' about. The software itself will calculate the next image to capture. You can snap a lot of images for stitching. Once you are satisfied, just hit the 'Finish' button and the software will proceed to stitch the images together automatically. Just 2 clicks and you have a panorama picture! Where else can you get this? You simply have to try it!

The post processing isn't perfect --> if you are like me who was happily snapping away in all directions, you may end up with a distorted panorama picture. Still, the software itself is pretty well written and fast. If you are serious when you are taking the panorama, I believe you will love the ease of use from this tiny software.
Kudos to Microsoft! You have made one software that made my jaw drop!

No comments:

Post a Comment