Friday, April 15, 2011

Nikon EN-EL15 battery and ML-L3 remote

Finally, after 512 shots, 11 movies totaling 11mins 23secs, the battery ran flat.
It's pretty amazing how long this battery lasted (almost 4 weeks from the 1st charge). In between these shots and movies, I spent quite a lot of time messing around with the settings and playing back the recorded movies for my daughter (over and over and over again).

I also finally opened up the ML-L3 remote for testing. Quite nice to just press a button and make the camera take pictures. It's pretty responsive and I'm quite surprised at the range it could work in! The furthest I tested was about 6 meters away from the camera. It still sensed the signal and fired off like a piece of cake. I was too lazy to go beyond that range as I will have to reposition the camera somewhere else. And for my personal usage, I highly doubt I will be placing the camera further than 6m when I'm using the remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment