Friday, April 22, 2011

A New Bag!

Hurray, I've got a new bag!!! This has been on my pending list for a while now and I've finally decided to buy it! Cost me S$49 from SLR-Revolution.

Nikon Bag
It's a beauty isn't it?
Gotcha! ;D

This is the Nikon bag used to carry the bag I bought. I wasn't given one of these when I bought my camera. It should come in handy to hold the toys and stuff for our picnics!

I actually bought the Lowepro Passport Sling. Yes, S$49 from SLR-Revolution.

Lowepro Passport Sling (Mica)
I chose the Mica colored one as I didn't really like the blue and the black (inner lining of the black actually). I carry a sling bag to work everyday, and it's mainly to hold my umbrella so I reckoned I could do with a replacement and bring my camera along.

I didn't notice this when I was browsing at the shop and this wasn't mentioned in any of the reviews / blogs that I have read before making the purchase: The padded camera box is not a full rectangle! If you look closely at the picture above, you can actually see that the box is a trapezium. The slimmer end goes into the edge of the bag (from the outside, this is the corner where the water bottle will sit). If I flip it the other way round, I lose the memory card compartment and the other edge where the slim end is now in will sort of 'collapse'.

In terms of ergonomics, the slim end is not that camera friendly. Since this is the end which is nearest to the edge, this is where your hand will be grabbing your camera from the bag. Because of the slim end, it may feel a bit tight for those with big hands. I'm Asian with a medium sized hand. Reaching into the bag and grabbing my camera was just 'OK' for me. And this is only for an empty bag with only the camera. I'm not sure how it will feel when I start to load other stuff into it.

The box itself will only be able to hold a camera with lens attached and a spare lens / flash unit. A camera with a grip mounted will definitely not fit into the box.

I can't wait to test it out! I have a BBQ tomorrow night with my colleagues, and my wife and child are coming along so I'll be bringing my camera. This bag will be used tomorrow. Let's hope it performs well!

No comments:

Post a Comment