Friday, April 15, 2011

Nikon LF-1 rear lens cap

I went to Cathay Photo Marina Sq today (14th Apr 2011) to buy this. Of the 3 lenses I bought, only the 55-200mm came with this rear lens cap. The other two came with the cheapo white cap. The LF-1 is a really good cap to protect the lens! It turns into place and won't fall off, as compared to the cheapo white cap which slipped out quite easily.

Nikon LF-1 Rear Lens Cap in the original packing.
Cheapo white cap and the Nikon LF-1
Receipt for my purchase (S$6 only for the cap)

The cap cost my S$6 which I think is well worth it. I saw some OEM's going for S$4 but decided against it cos you never know the quality / build. Yes, it's only a piece of plastic that covers the rear but personally, I do not want to run the risk of damage to the threading! My 50mm f1.8D is happily protected by this cap now! =D

I also took the chance to have a look at the Lowepro Passport Sling which I'm considering to use as my everyday bag. It's retailing for S$58 at Cathay, slightly more expensive than the S$49 which SLR Revolution quoted. It can definitely hold my D7000 and a spare lens. But I think it won't be able to hold A4 documents. Really need to see if I have a need to be lugging documents around now.

No comments:

Post a Comment